Thursday, April 3, 2008

FEAR


I'm realizing now, that the number one thing that has kept me from growing in my spiritual life, without a doubt wasn't even sin. It was fear. Fear of consequences, fear in form of doubt (ex: "Am I worthy?"), fear of capability (to accomplish something), fear...fear..fear.

There's a song by Jars of Clay, which I'm listening to it right now; it's called "Much Affraid" and it pretty much talks about that. There's a verse in it that says..."...All of these things/ I've held up in vain, No reason nor rhyme/Just the scars that remain/Of all of these things/Im so much afraid/Scared out of my mind/By the demons Ive made..". If you have ever gone through fear, you know that the verse I just typed summarizes that feeling. However like brother Watchman Nee wrote in one of his books, the whole battle is "fought" in our minds and without a doubt, the enemy knows that fear is his ak-47! Let me be short today, but let me say something...I'm declaring out loud that I'm through with that! Yes, fear might come once in a while but I'm not going to let that hold me from stepping up and letting the Lord use me in whatever HE wants. Tell you why not...because I have much more to gain than to lose, even if I make mistakes...what I have to gain by stepping up is much bigger, much more. the Lord says in 2nd Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." Enough said! Let me finish just by saying...you know what I love about the song I mentioned in the beggining? that at the end, after stating all his thoughts and fears...he says..."Sweet Jesus, YOU'll never let me go!" You might be reading this blog for the first or the billionth time...bottom line is...He'll never let you go if you come to him. Pray for me as I'll do the same for you, all you got to do is holla! God Bless, Lucas Penido.